I believe every person was born with an innate sense of compassion, a craving for purpose and meaningfulness, and that it's possible to create optimal fulfillment in life and work.
I’ve spent the last two decades globetrotting nearly 100 countries to explore my passions of adventure sports, intercultural connections, and social entrepreneurship.
I have finally settled down in Bend, Oregon with my amazing wife, Cristina, three kids Luca, Candela, and Sol, and our dog Xavi.
I love adventure and my body likes being active. You can find me mountain biking, surfing, skiing, camping, and traveling any time I’m not working.
I’m an expert at roasting s'mores and baking the yummiest homemade bread in Bend. My Italian ancestors would be proud.
I love meeting leaders and event planners who are ready to raise the bar on what we can achieve in our own lives, our team's lives, and the lives of the communities we serve. It all starts with a short video call to discover if we're a good fit for each other.
Through my speaking, consulting, and writing, I help purpose-driven leaders and organizations harness the power of purpose-powered innovation and creativity to raise the bar on what’s possible in our personal and professional lives.
This customizable keynote talk Live Big, Give Big takes audiences on a thrilling and inspirational 81-country adventure around the world on a journey into the heart of humanity. This talk uncovers rich hidden gems that lead the audience on their own journey to unlocking unprecedented levels of human potential. Together we discover how to not only achieve our personal and professional objectives but also raise the bar on how we can also fulfill our deeper purpose by tapping into our innate power of compassion to enjoy more fulfillment and meaning in work and life.
My work was inspired and has been tested on a global scale over the past two decades to achieve some quite remarkable results. Here's the manifestation of Purpose-Powered Innovation in action over the last 20 years and how it's helped enhance thousands of lives around the world:
1. Peace Pedalers: Launched the world’s first and only intercultural cycling expedition around the world where over 1,000 people from 81-countries joined me on the back of a custom tandem-single mountain bike. The expedition attracted 40+ corporate sponsors such as Panasonic, Sierra Designs, SRAM, and more. The inspiring stories of the project have been featured in over 100 media outlets worldwide and have inspired multiple purpose-driven expeditions.
2. Live Big, Give Big Projects: The Peace Pedalers journey inspired the Live Big, Give Big philosophy of achieving both our personal and purpose-driven ambitions simultaneously. It was tested throughout this global tour to create 11 grassroots projects in health, education, transportation, community development, and world peace while on tour. These projects were created while still keeping the bike moving around the world and living all the dreams and ambitions Jamie set out to do personally. Live Big, Give Big is powerful!
3. Book & Family Book Tour: The book “A Bicycle Built for Two Billion” was written in 2015 and Jamie and his wife Cristina were inspired to share the inspiring stories around the nation. Together they attracted sponsorship from Heartland RV, KOA, and others to travel 38 states over 8 months. Jamie gave three large keynote talks and 75 smaller talks in USA and Spain to share the inspirational stories of the expedition.
4. LuDela Candles: Jamie survived a candle fire while in West Africa in 2007 on the Peace Pedalers expedition. He invented the world’s first tech-enabled real-flame candle to increase safety, created a purpose-driven B-Corp brand called LuDela, patented multiple versions of the innovation worldwide, raised 2 million dollars to launch the company, donated 5,000 books as part of the Better Light, Better Lives mission to help build four library projects in underserved counties, and eventually sold LuDela in 2019, still working today as Chief Visionary Officer.
5. Profit & Purpose: Jamie and his wife Cristina are on a mission to redirect the existing multi-trillion dollar global technology spends to help solve our most challenging social and environmental challenges. They can procure over 1,000 technology products and services for purpose-driven companies and guarantee to create new recurring donations for their impact charity partners. This innovative specialty consulting practice also helps Jamie's speaking and consulting clients on their path to Live Big and Give Big by increasing purpose, profits, and growth at their company.
My gift and passion for innovation led to the award of Best Business Plan award from USC, acceptance to the Techstars Business Accelerator in Boulder, Colorado, and I was just featured in Who’s Who in America in 2020 (Fun Fact: I’m sandwiched in between Joe Biden and Justin Bieber in the Who’s Who book!)
I believe wholeheartedly that our existing global business infrastructure has ample resources to solve many of our most challenging social and environmental challenges. I’ve made it my life’s mission to become a thought leader in the area of social entrepreneurship to help current and aspiring purpose-driven businesses to thrive, create dynamic and fulfilling workplaces, and scale their impact as they grow at record paces.
I look forward to supporting you, your leadership team, and your organization to discover innovative ways to raise the bar on what’s possible for achievement and progress in our personal and professional lives.